What is your leadership team doing this Thanksgiving?
Many of you probably already have Thanksgiving activities planned and in-motion. For those of us who aren’t as organized and ahead of ourselves, here’s a list of a few of my favorite youth leadership development activities to get a leadership team involved with church and community at Thanksgiving time. Hope this helps.
- Take a thanksgiving meal to a shut-in or single mother and family.
- Make a meal, deliver it to people in need, then come back to base and share the a meal together.
- Buy the supplies needed to make a thanksgiving meal and deliver those to a shut-in or family in need.
- Take cards to a children’s hospital.
- Plan and lead a Thanksgiving service at your church.
- Plaster the church with pieces of art or paper that have reasons to be thankful on them.
- On the church’s Facebook or Twitter feed, post reasons to be thankful every day in the week leading up to Thanksgiving.
- Plan and host a community thanksgiving meal.
- Volunteer at a local grocery store as baggers and carry those bags to peoples’ cars.
- Host a Thanksgiving prayer meeting at your church.
- Host a food drive for a local food pantry.
- Host a coat drive for a local clothes closet.
- Do a video Interview with church members about why they’re thankful, and play the video mix at the Thanksgiving service.
What are your students doing during Thanksgiving to engage your community with Christ’s love?